Mindful Living Sangha Brussels
“What we most need to do,” he replied, “is to hear within us the sound of the earth crying.”
Features of a sangha in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh
A sangha is a small group of like-minded people who meet regularly to practice mindfulness and mindful eating.
Through the practice of meditation, silence, deep listening and loving speech we create the right conditions for the Sangha members to flourish and to share insights with each other.
The sangha in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh are characterized by the following principles:
- Everyone is welcome, regardless of age, race, sexual preference or religion
- The group organizes and decides collectively, there is no hierarchy
- All activities are done on a voluntary basis
- There is no money earned with the activities
Themes that will be addressed:
- Mindful eating in the tradition of Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh
- What is our relationship with food and its impact on our well-being and the earth?
- The art of everyday living in awareness through exercises and meditations
- How can we consciously and sustainably consume and eat?
- The common thread throughout the meetings are the 5 contemplations, the 5 Precepts and 4 Types of Food.
Sangha meetings : Every last Saturday of the month from 10 am till 01 pm
• 10.00: Starting of the guided meditation - mindful walking
• 11.30: Dharma sharing
• 12.00: Mindful lunch
Januari 26, February 23, March 30, April 27
May 25, June 29, July 27, August 31
September 28, November 23, December 14
For more information or subscription, please contact Laura Taelemans
Contribution : Dana (or free donation)
A DAY of MINDFULNESS
Sunday 27 October 2019
Groot-Bijgaarden, near Brussels
Nourishing the 4 heart qualities
Silence is something that comes from your heart, not from outside.
Silence doesn’t mean not talking and not doing things; it means that you are not disturbed inside.
If you’re truly silent, then no matter what situation you find yourself in you can enjoy the silence.
Thich Nhat Hanh
More information via Leven In Aandacht Vlaanderen
Start: 10:30 - End: 16:30
Guidance by Caroline Baerten
Address: Don Bosco College, Brussels (Groot-Bijgaarden)
Meditation cushions are available